Oven Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
3/4 C unsweetend soy milk
1/4 C margarine, softened
3 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
1/4 C white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C plus 2 TBS water
1 C brown sugar, packed
1 TBS ground cinnamon
1/2 C margarine, softened
1 tsp corn syrup
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C icing sugar
2 TBS unsweetened soy milk
- Heat the soy milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in margarine; stir until melted. Let cool untillukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt;mix well. Add water and the soy milk/margarine mixture; beat well.
- Addthe remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after eachaddition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto alightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon,softened margarine.
- Roll out dough into a 12×9 inch rectangle. Spread dough withmargarine/sugar mixture (if you want you can add in some raisins ornuts).
- Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place cut side up in 2 lightlygreased rounds pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned.
- Combineall the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Let rolls cool a few minutes then drizzle with glaze.
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup soymilk
1.5 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup unbleached white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup semi/sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8 inch square GLASS pan.
- Put the oil, maple syrup , soy milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture with a rubber spatula. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Don’t overbake.
- Cool before cutting.