broccoli cheese muffins
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into trees
- 1 cup of vegan margarine
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed + 2 tbsp hot water)
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature(1 1/4 cup vegan milk plus 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella Daiya cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the margarine, flax eggs and “buttermilk”. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, mustard powder, and cayenne.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the cheese. Be sure not to overmix.
- Evenly divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Insert a broccoli tree into each cup. They should be nearly full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and the tops are golden.
(Source: findvegan, via lesbrary)